Endowed Chairs

Endowed Chairs

Endowed Chairs: The Hallmark of a Great University

Endowed chairs enable CHASS to attract, retain and honor distinguished academic leaders, who profoundly enrich the educational experience of undergraduate and graduate students. Through endowed chairs, esteemed scholars receive recognition for past and potential achievements in their fields, and the satisfaction that the University supports research and quality teaching in their discipline.

An endowed chair provides a financially stable source of funding to support teaching, research and service. Students are challenged and guided by exposure to the highest quality academic leadership.

Donors who generously endow chairs ensure academic excellence in teaching and research today, and invest in the future of the college in a truly meaningful way. Endowed chairs are living memorials, perpetuating the donor's name, signifying a permanent commitment to educational excellence.

Want to talk to a human being? We are here for you.

College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences

900 University Avenue

Riverside, CA 92521

Tel: (951) 827-4365


What is an endowed chair?

An endowed chair is a fund that supports a university professorship or other faculty position. The annual interest on the endowment provides the chairholders with resources for teaching, travel and other activities related to their fields of experitise.

Endowed Chairs are the hallmark of a great university and help CHASS to recruit and reward their finest scholars.

Giving Opportunities

The college is interested increasing the number of endowed chairs in every department. Our priorities include chairs in:

  • Jewish Studies
  • Islamic Studies
  • Public Policy Studies
  • Gay, Lesbian, Transgender Studies
  • Science Fiction

More Information

General Campus Information

University of California, Riverside
900 University Ave.
Riverside, CA 92521
Tel: (951) 827-1012

Career OpportunitiesUCR Libraries
Campus StatusDirections to UCR

College Information

College Student Academic Affairs (All Student Inquiries)
3400 Humanities & Social Sciences Bldg.

Tel: (951) 827-3683 | Fax: (951) 827-5836

College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences
3413 Humanities & Social Sciences Bldg.