Attend First-Year Orientation
Highlander First-Year Orientation is mandatory (but you’ll want to go!). It’s where you’ll register for classes, get to know your campus, and meet some of your first UCR friends. Choose sessions throughout July and August.
Get Support from CHASS F1RST
CHASS F1RST supports you throughout your first year at UCR. You’ll benefit from a tight-knit learning community (a cohort of fellow first-year students that you’ll take classes with), classes that will help bolster your academic success, supportive peer mentorship and more.
Attend Transfer Student Orientation
Transfer Student Orientation can help you feel at home at UCR right away. It’s a mandatory one-day program that will help you register for classes, meet fellow students and truly feel like you are a part of UCR.
Get Support from Transfers F1RST
Stay on track with help from Transfers F1RST. Attend workshops, get mentor support and access programs designed to help you make a smooth, successful transition to UCR.
Visit Your Academic Advisor Early and Often
Contact an academic advisor in your department.
Reach out to the CHASS Student Academic Affairs Office
- Get academic advising
- Complete petitions and forms
- Complete your college breadth requirements
- Stay on track to graduate
- Obtain credit by examination
- Change your class schedule
- Declare a double major or minor
- Withdraw, take a leave of absence or reapply
- See if your credits will transfer
- Help you succeed academically
Get Help Paying for School
Find a Free Tutor
- Contact the Academic Resource Center.