College of Humanities, Arts, and Social Sciences

Announcement: Alesha Jaennette

Today, I’m delighted to announce...

Colleagues,

Alesha Jaennette

As I expand my role in graduate studies, I am also building a team. Today, I’m delighted to announce that Alesha Jaennette has accepted a position as the Graduate Student Services Lead for CHASS, effective July 15, 2024. In her new role, Alesha will work closely with me to establish long-term organizational goals for graduate student services and enrollment management to meet the College's long-range plans.

As the CHASS Graduate Student Services Lead, Alesha will work closely with CHASS departments, Graduate Division, The Registrar's Office, Graduate Council, Financial Aid, Career Services, International Affairs, the Harvest Shared Services Center, and many other units on campus, to create positive organizational impact in the areas of graduate student recruitment, enrolled student support, enrollment management, retention, graduate student funding, employment, personnel, graduate course approvals, and graduate program approvals.  

Alesha has worked at UC Riverside for more than 16 years, advising graduate students and managing graduate programs in Art, Art History, Psychology, and History. She has also served as an Enrollment Verification Assistant in UCR’s Office of the Registrar and as an Information Specialist and Supervisor for the Highlander One Stop Shop.

Alesha is not only a dedicated professional but also a proud UCR graduate. In 2014, she earned a bachelor of arts degree in English with highest honors while serving as a graduate advisor. This academic achievement underscores her commitment to education and a deep understanding of the CHASS student experience.

Alesha enjoys cooking and gardening and is also “the proud mother of an amazing son with a huge heart and an incredible talent for making music.”

Please join me in congratulating Alesha on this new and important opportunity. We are truly grateful that she has chosen to join us and look forward to her contributions.

Sincerely,

Covadonga Lamar Prieto
Professor and Associate Dean for Academic Affairs