UCR College Corps is recruiting 150 full-time college students to become College Corps Fellows for the 2022-2023 inaugural cohort. Fellows are self-motivated and able to commit to serving 15 hours per week in the local Riverside community in one of the three key focus areas: K-6 Education, Climate Action, or Food Insecurity.
- Earn $7,000 in monthly stipends and a $3,000 education award upon completion of a 450-hour contract.
- Strengthen your resume with valuable skills, like professionalism, communication, critical thinking, organization, work ethic, and teamwork.
- Belong to a statewide network of 6,500 college students at 45 campuses, and meet fellows from other campuses.
- Receive supervision by professionals in local elementary schools, campus departments, city government agencies, or non-profit organizations.
- Letters of recommendations from supervisors and program director.
- Explore careers in teaching, afterschool programs, parks and recreation services, human and social services, climate action, community engagement, environmental resiliency, and preservation of natural resources.
- Full-time, enrolled undergraduate student.
- No minimum GPA, must be in good academic standing.
- Ability to commit to the program for the full academic year.
- And meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Need to work part-time and/or borrow student loans to meet your educational costs
- Qualify for a federal Pell grant
- Qualify for a State Cal Grant or Middle-Class Scholarship
- Be an AB-540 eligible Dreamer
Anticipated start date: Monday, 09/19/2022. The typical schedule is 15 hours/week during normal business hours, occasional weekends. The contract runs from September 2022 to May 2023, with an opportunity to extend to Summer 2023.
How to Apply?
Apply on UCR’s Handshake, with your resume, cover letter, and Fall 2022 class schedule (if available). Your cover letter should answer both of these questions: 1) “What impact do you want to make in one of these foci: education, climate action, or food insecurity?” and, 2) “How will you prioritize or adjust your schedule to accommodate 15 hours per week at your site (not including commuting time) while maintaining good academic standing?” Below are the five available UCR College Corps position postings on Handshake:
- 6267786: AB-540 Eligible Dreamer Fellow
- 6267755: Climate Action Fellow
- 6267771: Food Insecurity Fellow
- 6267729: K-6 Afterschool Program Fellow
- 6260201: K-6 In-Classroom Fellow
UCR College Corps is part of the #CaliforniansForAll College Corps, a statewide initiative committed to helping college students to graduate on time and with less debt while addressing societal challenges across California and developing civic-minded leadership skills.
Feel free to contact Cesar Oyervides-Cisneros, UCR College Corps Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (951) 827-2514.